Saturday, September 22, 2007

Tagged Once More!


Seems I was meant to do this Tag. Jeevy suggested it a while back and I turned him down. Then Raaji Tagged me so here we go.



Here are the rules:

* You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.

* When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts.

* At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.

* Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged.
My middle name is Eileen.


E is for Earnest. Websters Dictionary defines earnest as a serious and intent mental state. Lately all I do is think seriously about the future. I am determined to change things in my life and improve it, and there are many days I give myself tension headaches worrying about getting important goals in my life accomplished. But in order to accomplish these goals, I must be earnest, otherwise I shall fail.



I is for Impatient. OK, no surprise here. I know certain friends of mine are reading this right now smiling and nodding in agreement. What can I say, I am a Taurus, patience is not one of our virtues. I hate to wait for anything. Red lights, a friend's phone call, the bread to toast. I'm always on time and I want to scream when people I am waiting for are late. I pace, I complain, I sigh loudly, I suck my teeth. Yeah, impatient definitely defines me.



L is for Lady Day. Because many of you I'm sure do not know this, Lady Day is the nickname that was given to Billie Holiday, who just so happens to be my favorite singer of all time. Billie had a very painful and sad life, she had her heart broken many times not just by the men in her life, but by family and friends as well. She sang out her pain, and her voice was like no one else, nor do I think anyone could ever compare to her talent. When I feel sad or depressed, I listen to her, and I feel like she understands how I'm feeling.



E is for Earlybird. The Earlybird catches the worm is an expression many of us are familiar with. I awake at 3 am on workdays, and rarely am I up later than 7 on my weekends. I did not become an earlybird willingly, I was dragged there kicking and screaming by my job. I'd always been a night owl. However I could not live any other way again, it is the early mornings when I feel the most at peace with the world. The fresh smell of the air, the grass wet with dew, the empty highway stretched ahead of me. Hmmmm....love it.



E is for Earth Mother. An Earth Mother is a nurturing, mature woman. You do not have to have children in order to be an earth mother. Being the eldest child, I always had to be responsible for the rest of the kids in my family. Making dinner every night, babysitting, cleaning, etc. I also tend to become every ones big sister, a lot of my friends are younger than me and I know they feel like I will advise them and look out for them when they need me to. I'm also really good with children, and I know someday I'll make a really good Mom.



N is for Nerd. Yes, I admit to it fully. I am a huge nerd. Not the kind who dresses badly and has bad hair, but the kind who loves the History channel. The kind who is so transfixed watching a documentary on North Korea that I'll tell a friend who calls me during it that I'll call them back later, if I pick up the phone at all! I love to read, my favorite pastime is to curl up with a book and not move, save for too many cups of tea. It cracks me up when someone asks me what I'm reading and I say "The Autobiography of Malcolm X" and they give me this look like "Why"? My brother and I took an Anthropology class together a few years ago and "nerd" is something he used to teasingly call me regularly, as I always had my hand up with a question or a comment.


OK. Now for my Tag victims. Hehehehee! Well first I must Tag Steve since he hasn't been around much lately. :) Naresh, because I'm sure his will be interesting. Saraswathi of course. Also Ronak, Praveen, and Ashu. Cheers guys!

4 comments:

Saraswathi said...

Oh such a lovely tag!! Was really good knowing you better Jen! And a thumps up on the nerd thing. I have been called a nerd myself by many people and probably we should be proud of it:)

Oh ya being the eldest child in the family you always have lots of responsibility. However since am the youngest kid in my family I get to enjoy a lot of priviliges and my bro has to take up all the hard work part:)

Naresh said...

Thats a cool post! We get to know more abt ppl thru tags the most i guess, but then am quite unsure there is anyone out there to know me, most of the times! :P

now, this throws me up a new chance to tell more abt myself, but i dont have a middle name :P I ll have to make one I guess! :D early bird and nerd??? :O u must b a real terror for many ppl arnd u :P

praveen said...

Hi....nice tag....ll do it as soon as possible..... :D

satya said...

How could u forgot to tag me??